Liquid Force is proud to introduce new team rider, Brian Smith!
After receiving 2nd place overall at the 2011 Triple S Invitational, Brian started gaining momentum. And we’ve taken notice. Riding alongside and following in the footsteps of fellow Hatteras pros, Brandon Scheid and Jason Slezak, Brian has been charging and representing his home spot. We think there’s something in the water over there…
Everyone here is stoked to have him on the team. Get to know him below:
1. Where are you from?
I grew up in Arlington, VA, Just across the Potomac River from Washington D.C.
2. How long have you been kiting?
I learned in the spring of ’06.
3. You’ve progressed quickly the last two years, what are you currently working on?
I’m currently working on landing everything both ways.
4. What do you have planned for 2012? Contests, travel, etc?
I’m bringing in the new year from Antigua in the West Indies, where I’ll stay until the middle of march. Afterwards, It’ll be back in Hatteras to ride the surf slicks and sliders!
5. What are some of your recent achievements?
Second place overall at the 2011 SSS
6. You rep boots but are also known to dominiate the surf, do you have a favorite discipline?
For me, kitesurfing is every bit as fun as riding flat water or hitting rails. I love riding tons of different boards and look to all the board sports for different kinds of excitement!
Thanks Brian. LF is excited to have you on the team. Let’s dominate 2012!
I’m super stoked to join the team!
A very warm welcome from the LF family!